We were invited to speak about Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Building Information Modelling at the INTERBUILD AFRICA 2018 Trade Show.
Digital disruption: How virtual & augmented reality is changing the face of traditional construction mechanisms
Building information modelling (BIM) is still considered the new kid on the block and is already revolutionizing the manner in which a professional team now collaborates and completes build projects.
Our CEO Gerald Ferreira talked about “How virtual reality, mixed reality & augmented reality is changing the face of traditional construction mechanisms?”
Above is an example of a property which we scanned. You can walk through the virtual tour to visually inspect the house and see exactly what the property looks like.
When we 3D Scan a property the scanner automatically measures the area which it has scanned and from there we can create blueprints of the property similar to the one above.
Top view of the property, with all fittings, furniture, tiles, floor types etc. Providing a top view blueprint of the property.
We can create sets of BIM Data from a scan which includes:
- Color point cloud (.xyz)
- Reflected ceiling plan image (.jpg and .pdf)
- High resolution floor plan image (.jpg and .pdf)
- OBJ file of the 3D mesh (.obj)
Providing insight and valuable information about the property:
- Architects and engineers for as-built designs
- Construction professionals for documentation and turnover packages
- The 3D data is accurate to within 1% of reality. Point cloud and OBJ scale: 1 unit = 1 meter.
- Ceiling plan and floor plan images contain a scale legend.
We can further add the models into Revit or CAD and link these with existing BIM data, or use this as a platform to add more BIM data to the project.